Full Job Description
We are looking for a skilled Painter / Finisher to support the creation of a wide variety of retail displays, fixtures, signage, lighted elements and other branded solutions. Your work will touch some of the world's best-known brands and be seen across the continent in high-profile locations.
About the Company
Acrylic Design Associates is a recognized leader in creating world-class retail displays and high-profile environments. With a 250,000+ square foot modern operations center, Acrylic Design provides the scale and expertise to handle complex turnkey needs, including design, engineering, prototyping, fabrication, printing, LED technologies, assembly, warehousing, fulfillment and distribution services. Founded in 1976, Acrylic Design is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and serves a global client base. More information is available at: www.acrylicdesign.com.
The Painter / Finisher effectively and independently performs a wide variety of duties within the Finishing Department. This position takes direction from the Department Team Leader but also applies their skills to work independently.
Areas of Responsibility
Essential Functions of The Job
- Paint letters, numbers, signs and other décor items with a hand-held pneumatic spray gun.
- Spray paint wood, metal, plastic and foam décor components.
- Use proper paint and primer for each type of material.
- Check finished product for quality before it leaves paint area.
- Maintain a clean work area, clean/change filters as needed.
- Keep floor clear of debris.
- Ability to clean and maintain spray guns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience using gravity fed sprayers.
- Have a general understanding of signage and graphics materials, substrates and manufacturing processes preferred.
- Willingness to work flexible and overtime hours as needed.
- Great attention to detail with a goal-driven attitude.
- Strong comprehension and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds of material on a regular basis.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Repetitive movements.
- Wears safety glasses at all times while in shop and respirator as required for certain tasks.
Why Work for ADA?
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Education and Training Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18 - $25 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Painting: 1 year (Preferred)